Unison Rock Academy provide music tuition and workshops, on an individual/ group basis at several primary and secondary schools in Oxfordshire and Warwickshire.
With a team of experienced, and enthusiastic tutors we are able to offer schools tuition in the following:
- Guitar - acoustic/electric/bass/Ukulele
- Woodwind – Saxophone/clarinet/Flute/Recorder
Students follow a program which is designed around the indivudual child. They are offered the opportunity to work toward achieving music medals/rockschool examination grades/ABRSM or can even work towards achieving an Arts Award.
We are also able to provide after school activities,workshops or enhance 'in school' music provision. Unison Rock Academy can currently run the following workshops/courses:
- Basic Skills- (rock academy sessions for beginners in drums/bass and guitar)
- Rock Academy- (for more advanced students who play drums/guitar/bass/keyboard and vocals)
- Percussion Jam sessions - (an opportunity to try a variety of percussion instruments including world instruments and drum kit working on rhythm skills as part of group performance.)
- Ukulele Club- (come and learn to play ukulele in a group)
- School Orchestra
Schools currently receiving tuition through URA: Dr Radcliffe's Primary School, Bishop Carpenter, Shenington Primary School, Warriner School, North Oxfordshire Academy, Oxford and Cherwell Valley College.
"Mo has really changed our school! We have become a school where learning to play an instrument is central to our arts programme and able gifted and talented provision. Through Rock Academy and also violin and guitar lessons, every child has the opportunity to develop musically. My parents are delighted with the quality of lessons and all of the Unison staff have become part of our team. “Rock On” Unison"
Sarah Reynolds (Headteacher-Shenington Primary School)
Pupils benefit from high-quality specialist teaching of music and this was evident in an outstanding lesson for the school orchestra' OFSTED March 2011.